...Grandpa, I Miss You Dearly


My Grandpa  
05 February 1919 ~ 05 November 2010

Grandma & Grandpa


...come February, I will dedicate a blog entry to my Grandpa. Right now, it is hard... the void is so deep.



For now I will leave this entry with many Irish blessings to honor my Grandpa


May the blessings of light be upon you,
Light without and light within.
And in all your comings and goings,
May you ever have a kindly greeting
From them you meet on the road. 

May you live long,
Die happy,
And rate a mansion in heaven. 


May the hand of a friend always be near you,
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you. 


May your heart be warm and happy
With the lilt of Irish laughter
Every day in every way
And forever and ever after. 


May brooks and trees and singing hills
Join in the chorus too.
And every gentle wind that blows
Send happiness to you. 


May the joys of today
Be those of tomorrow.
The goblets of life
Hold no dregs of sorrow. 


May your neighbors respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
The angels protect you
And heaven accept you. 


Here's to beefsteak when you're hungry,
Whiskey when you're dry,
All the women you'll ever want,
And heaven when you die. 


Death leaves a heartache
no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no
one can steal 


Until we meet again, may God
Hold you in the palm of his hand. 


I danced in the morning when the world was begun,
And I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun,
And I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth,
At Bethlehem I had my birth.
(Refrain:)
Dance then, wherever you may be,
I am the Lord of the Dance said he,
And I'll lead you all wherever you may be,
And I'll lead you all in the Dance said he.

I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black.
It's hard to dance with the devil on your back.
They buried my body and they thought I'd gone,
But I am the dance and I still go on.

(Refrain:)
They cut me down and I leap up high.
I am the life that'll never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me.
I am the Lord of the Dance, said he.

from "Lord of the Dance" (folksong) 

An Irish Blessing

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sunshine warm upon your face.
May the rains fall upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
MAy God hold you in the hollow of His hand. 

Mothers (fathers) hold their children's hands for just a little while...And their hearts forever.



Comments

Our deepest sympathy for the loss of your beloved grandfather, Karrieann - but know a part of him will always live on through you and your children. -- Sharren and David
Crazy Mom! said…
I'm so sorry Karrieann. You were lucky to have him for so long. But I know that it hurts terribly...
John said…
Karrieann,
My deepest sympathy and prayers for your grief. I hope you'll share a memory of him when we see each other again.
john

Popular posts from this blog

...A New Book That Surged My Tatting Fingers On!

...To Chain or Not To Chain!