...I completed a tatted bracelet!

I took a class  on the "Half Ring Braid Bracelet" by Martha Ess during the Tat Days back in August. In her class I was working on the red thread and gold beads. With all the boo-boos in it, I decided  to start again. Well, the day before yesterday I began a new bracelet in Lizbeth 20 #657 :Ocean Turquoise DK (a gift among many from Joanie), and gunmetal colored beads from my stash. I am happy to say that I completed it! My hubby even noted that my tatting is getting better and it's fine piece of work.  "*BEAMS* with pride"


I have beautiful light sea-foam green vintage beads that I have been itching to use for many years. I think they are beautiful and I need to patiently wait for the perfect color threads to use them with. My dream for these is to tat beautiful edgings for a Victorian beaded lampshade!


... anyhow... here is the completed bracelet!




* 2 Corinthians 8:11
   Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means.

Comments

H J Hess said…
Hey Karrieann,
Hope you are well.
The bracelet looks very good.
What color and type of thread are you wanting for your light sea-foam green beads? What do the beads look like? Take good care of yourself.
Big hugs,
HJ
.
Karrieann said…
Hey HJ! Thanks for your kind words!

The beads are seed beads.. size 11
I am thinking something along the lines of Lizbeth 20, Seagreen Lt-686. It is kinda hard to tell in reality what the colors looks like.. but the beads do look very close to that color.

I got these beads while working at Shipwreck Beads at their old location. They were going to be tossed if no one wanted them. I practically squealed for them. I just had to have them.. these color is so addictive (for me) . In fact.. do you see the light sea-foamy green/blue color trim beside this blog? It is like that color!!!
Juhi said…
Hi Karrieann, thank you so much for your kind words about my work......
wow u do tatting, I guess it requires a lot of hard work n patience.....my mum used to do it when I was a kid......

Hugs,
Juhi
Looks great! I want to see it - in two weeks! Try the seafoam green beads with some variegated thread with that color in it - I bet it will look amazing!

Good job, Karrieann!
Looks great! I want to see it - in two weeks! Try the seafoam green beads with some variegated thread with that color in it - I bet it will look amazing!

Good job, Karrieann!
Karrieann said…
...GASPS!!! I just thought of something!!!! I shall send a packet of these lovely lovely beads of mine to... ***GASPS*** DOCTOR VON THREADMORE!!!!!! I bet she will be fabulous in creating another HDT!!!! You think?
Linda Stubbs said…
I have always thought it would be fun to learn how to tat....beautiful work!
Hugs, Linda
Karrieann said…
Thanks Linda! (((HUGS)))

Popular posts from this blog

...A New Book That Surged My Tatting Fingers On!

...To Chain or Not To Chain!