...My Distractions!




   Some say that distraction is a bad thing. That it takes away your focus. In many ways I would agree, for an example... while driving, while cooking, while watching the youngsters, watching pets, reading and so much more. Those times are critical for undivided attention and focus to prevent serious harm.

   Then there are another kinds of distraction that are bad for you because they waste time of your productivity. T.V. and computers come to mind as far as that kind. I am guilty of those, but it does not monopolize me. As you can see, there are many distractions that are "bad".

   There are distractions in my life that brings peace and joy! The ones that God purposely brings to my  focus! The times when I pass a window and catch a glimpse of something, something like a flash of red so that I can't help to stop and see what it may be. That brilliant red coral color! My eyes catches that color and sees a pair of cardinals. I hear them! I watch them with awe. Moment later, another distraction caught my attention! I head out for the mailbox to retrieve today's mail. A glow of pink waving at me. I stroll to visit the blooming azaleas wishing to be admired. I beam, feeling my cheeks pink with happiness. Strolling back up the hill to my home, a chattering and scrambling sounds caused my ears to tilt, homing in those distracting noise, happy noise. I glee as I watch three squirrels go on their merry chase around an old oak tree, up and down.. and around they go!  A slight breeze rustled the leaves on the bamboo plants. Those bamboo stalks love to dance with the breeze, I follow them with my eyes, drawing me closer. My heart dances with them. As I approach them, my nose scented the sweetness and followed the trail that lead me to the hanging lavender blooms of the wisterias. The graceful blooms softly swaying, calling me to breath deeper. I wandered under the cover of the wisteria to spy on a nest that was being built in the midst of the rambling twines and blooms over my rustic pergola. I stopped quick and slowed my pace. There is a mom! Mrs. Robin calmly watching me. She is beautiful. I am honored that she called my sanctuary place her home for her family. These distractions are my daily conversations with my Lord. He uses nature to distract me with, so that he has my attention to hear him. The rustling of the leaves, the colors of flowers and birds, the whimsy of little critters, the scents... they're all from him for me. He knows me so well! I am his daydreamer and child!


Mrs. Robin



*John 10:27-30
"My Sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life. and they shall never perish; 
no one can snatch them out of my hand. 
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; 
no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
I and the Father are one."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...A New Book That Surged My Tatting Fingers On!

...To Chain or Not To Chain!