...February is My Favorite Month (part 2 of 2)

In the previous post I mentioned that Grandpa and I shared this month celebrating our birthdays. It has been really rough on me, missing him.  In spite of the grief, I still celebrate Grandpa's life for he is an amazing man! You noticed that I use present verb tense regarding Grandpa? I refuse to put him in the past because I am part of him... living!

A while back I saw a cake on Pinterest and said to myself "I am going to make THAT cake for Grandpa and I.

LOOK! Isn't that divine?
Chocolate Christmas Cake

I checked out the recipe and decided to do it my way with the short cuts! After all, I wasn't really in the mood to all the extra work. I'd rather enjoy the cake than labor over it. I used these items below for my version! Much easier, don't you think? Also, since this was to be the special birthday cake... all the diets were off!


I think that I did a pretty darn good job of this cake! No, I don't think... I KNOW I did!


Happy Birthday Grandpa, I love you always!

Heavenly! Yummy! Scrumptious! Chocolaty! MMMMmmmm! Lip-smackin' good! Want some?



I dug up some wonderful pictures of Grandpa and Grandma. I smile. I laugh. I cried. I close my eyes and remember the love, the fun, the caring, the honesty, the love, the life, the love, the joy, the love.


Grandpa & Grandma
in love


Grandpa and Grandma
still in love to eternity



Something yummy arrived in the mail today...I was expecting it! I am in love with that creamy pale lemon yellow and those comforting blues! These are recycled Sari Silk Ribbons, from Napal and other places which it supports the women in those areas. For more information, go to this link Darn Good Yarn. I got these from an Etsy Shop of linniedarling.


I have two skeins of the yellow and the blues. They came in the twist form and I already wind them into yarn balls. This process gave me the opportunity to feel the silks with my hands as I wound them into the balls. I love them! Now I am waiting on another order to come in but I will leave that to your imagination of what it could be! Any ideas to what these will become? Hum? I know... I know and I'm not tellin' until I create the masterpiece! Muwaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Enjoy the rest of the week!
~Karrieann

P.S. Thank you to those who have contributed to my daughter Krystle a.k.a. Dr. Von Threadmore's travel fund so far! (upper left side) Thank You! No pressure...the fund raiser is on going and the funds will go toward the airfare for Kyrstle to attend and teach at the Palmetto Tatters Guild's 2012 Tat Days

Comments

That cake looks like a lot of fun to make. Yum!

Popular posts from this blog

...A New Book That Surged My Tatting Fingers On!

...To Chain or Not To Chain!