Mark This Date in The History Books! 12 FEB 2008


Uno makes Westminster history.

Beagle becomes first of its breed to be named best in show.


Picture by Shannon Stapleton / Reuters


Uno poses with handler Aaron Wilkerson.

Uno became the first beagle to win best in show at the

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on Tuesday.


More information!








Uno, a 15-inch tall Beagle, sits next to a trophy at the 132nd Westminster Kennel Club dog show in New York on Feb. 12, 2008. Uno was named best in show during the contest in New York, the first time the breed took the top prize since the event was founded in 1877.
Photographer: Michael Gross/Bloomberg News



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally Beagles get their due!

Now my concern is that many will view this dog as cute and adorable and will want one for their own. Don't get me wrong, I know they're cute and adorable but they are way more than that. If you seriously want to own a beagle, please educate yourself about the breed , Beagles. Abigail is my second Beagle and love the breed. The beagles are high energy dogs, and need constant guidance. There are many books out in the public to learn about this special breed or any other breeds for that matter. While considering od getting a beagle, please consider adopting on from many many "Beagle" rescue organzations. They are many beagles and other pure breds who already need a home. I have never regretted in adopting my beagles. I am doing my part one beagle at a time. I adopted our beagle named Quiggly from Seattle Beagle Rescue. Quiggly has gone onto Beagle Heaven. We got Abigail from Alcovy Pet Rescue. Both beagles are special in their own right!
All I ask is that, if you are thinking about getting a beagle, please consider the above and be honest... can you devote constant guidance and care to this dog, or any other kinds?

Here is a wonderful link to help you with somethings to consider about beagles.
http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/beagles.html

BeagleMommie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...A New Book That Surged My Tatting Fingers On!

...To Chain or Not To Chain!